Lake Huron Medical Center Visitor Guide
We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide
a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While
receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit,
and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national
origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical
or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and
support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’
support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk
quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain
circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety,
and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred
to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum,
refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions
on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure
to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not
be left unattended.
We request that you observe the following guidelines:
- General visiting hours: 11am to 8pm
- Intensive Care visiting hours: 10 minutes on the even hour, between the
hours of 10am and 8pm – for example, the first visitation during
the day will be from 10:00am until 10:10am
- Day of Surgery visiting hours: arrangements are made for family members
- Infants and children under 10: may visit with special permission
To assist the patient in the recovery process, please consider:
- Keeping visits short
- Limit visitors to two at the bedside at once
- Do not visit if you have a cold or other contagious diseases
- For assistance, please call 810-216-1500.
- Free parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cellular phone usage is only permitted in the main lobby,Lighthouse Café
(cafeteria) and vending areas of the hospital’s main floor.
- Public telephones are available.
- The Chapel, located on the second floor is always open for prayer and reflection.
Catholic Mass is celebrated Tuesday, at 11:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome.
Located on the first floor, Lighthouse Café at Lake Huron Medical
Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Weekend hours are 9 - 9:40 a.m., for Continental breakfast; 12:30 to 1:30
p.m., for lunch; and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., for dinner.
- A vending area is located across from the café and next to the Gift
Shoppe. It is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- The Lake Huron Medical Center Gift Shoppe, located on the first floor is
open seven days and has gifts, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries,
flowers and plants.
- Whether you need a prescription filled, an over-the-counter medication
or the advice of a qualified pharmacist, the Lake Huron Medical Center
Out-patient Pharmacy can meet your needs. The pharmacy is located near
the main entrance and is open Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dial-in prescription services are available by calling 810-216-3140.
- Medication home delivery is also available for a nominal fee.
Lost & Found
- Lost articles should be turned into the Safety and Security Office, located
in the Emergency Room lobby. While the hospital is not responsible for
lost items, security keeps the items for 30 days and makes every attempt
to return them.
- To inquire about a lost article, please call 810-216-1500, and request
- To provide a healthful and comfortable environment for all patients and
visitors, the hospital maintains a smoke free environment. Patients and
visitors are not allowed to smoke anywhere in the hospital, including
the cafeteria, rest rooms or lounges. Smoking is also prohibited on the grounds.
Wi-Fi Service Available
- Lake Huron Medical Center offers access to wireless internet service to
meet your electronic media needs. Look for informational displays throughout
the hospital for details and activation information.